Context and challenges
This client is a Saudi organisation. Its main objective is the development of industrial cities.
One of these projects is considered by many to be the world's largest civil engineering project. It consists of several hundreds of km² of industrial development.
In order to meet the city growth, this client has launched a major construction project in this industrial area to cover the anticipated required power for residential, commercial and industrial facilities.
This client has appointed Assystem to deliver design services and technical support for all electrical facilities of the site.
- Review of the Master Plans studies for the phased development
- Review of the Construction Contracts under execution
- Data gathering and identification of critical activities
- Preparation of Scope Book, Project Technical Scope and Design Basis Report
- Coordination with the utilities providers for telecom and electricity and obtaining approvals
- Preparation of conceptual and detail designs drawings and studies for:
- Switching stations and power system studies
- Underground cables and overhead power lines
- Telecommunication network and associated facilities
- Perform special engineering studies
- Contracts packaging and cost estimation
- Support during the design and bidding stages
- Support during construction of substations and other site-specific services
- Compliance with the client’s schedule to ensure that bidding packages would be prepared on time for EPC contractors, in order to comply with the client power network plan
- Improved coordination of construction work and reduction of rework
- Efficient engineering support on all power facilities by replying to contractors' queries all along the construction project, such as equipment sizing, coordination clarifications, site construction conditions, rerouting
- Construction time and costs savings