Context and challenges
This client, a global leader in the water, waste and energy management, has developed the conceptual design for an Integrated Waste Management Facility to be located in the Jubail Industrial City (“JIC”) in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. This plant facility aims to produce energy by burning the stored waste to replace fossil fuel, which is in line with the 2030 vision of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This plant deals with pre-condition liquid and solid industrial waste, organic & in-organic wastes, which are stored as raw material for the energy generating. This plant consists of two main parts: waste storing and treatment facilities. The project is a leading technology plant in the waste-to-energy industry, and this client intends to launch several other projects alike in Middle East and specially Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This client has appointed Assystem to provide engineering and project management expertise as part of an EPCm contract.
- Design to tender activities:
- Execution of design work: consolidation of preliminary design work and preparation of detailed design engineering
- Execution and detailed design for all the treatment facilities, with close coordination with manufacturing vendors and technology providers
- Preparation of FEED (Front End Engineering Design) package for all civil and production facility
- Support the client in the tendering for different packages
- Support the client in bidders & contracts evaluation
- Monitoring all vendors and sub consultant activities
- Construction activities, quality control
- Procurement and material control, inspection
- Site activities and material procurement quality control & quality assuring following the local and international standards, as example but not limited to SBC (Saudi Building Code), RC (Royal Commission), HCIS (High Commission for Industrial Security), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)
- Site activities control and inspection, for civil works, mechanical/electrical works, process works, testing & commissioning
- HSE supervision and control as per HSE project plan following Assystem & the client HSE standards in addition to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards as international standard for industrial facilities
- Effective communication and transparency enabling good collaboration and mutual trust with the client, thanks to monthly and weekly reports in addition to site & design progress meetings
- Effective project piloting thanks to Assystem local teams based in Al-Khobar and on the site
- Comprehensive view of the project with an effective supervision of all project scopes
- Anticipation of possible construction non compliances or security risks thanks to ongoing application of international and local regulations, as example but not limited to HCIS, RC standards