Context and challenges
This client is a major real estate developer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This construction project was located in Al Jubail city, in the eastern region of the country, at King Faisal Road (west).
The project was composed of two main functional areas, which are the business park and the residential compound:
- The business park included a 3-stars hotel tower, office tower and commercial buildings
- The residential compound was a gated community composed of various types of villas (2, 3 and 4 bedrooms)
The project site was part of a much bigger site area of 38,295 square meters, which contained existing facilities in addition to the new mixed-use infrastructures in development.
In this context, this client appointed Assystem to perform a project management consultancy and construction supervision during the construction of this project.
Assystem team led the project progress review meetings, tracked and monitored the construction deliverables as scheduled:
- Engineering review: On-site drawing design review, co-ordination, issue of drawings/clarifications and approval of the contractors commercial buildings drawings, management of the design change orders, quality management and control to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications
- Procurement Supervision: Ensure link between procurement schedule and building deliverables, monitor the orders especially the long lead items, inspect the material on site and at the vender location
- Construction Supervision:
- Analysing and checking working drawings received from architects and designer, construction inspection, organisation of progress review meetings on weekly basis
- Collecting, reviewing and maintaining all the records of contractors’ daily progress reports
- Preparation of project close-out report including lesson learned, collection and checking all as-built drawings
- 5 - 8 % of costs construction savings
- Function-based project criteria for better management and control
- Improvement of the balance between quality, program and cost expectations
- Project risks identified along with mitigation strategies allowing the client to make action to prevent in advance
- Improved schedule coordination and project delivery thanks to the successful management of interfaces
- Enhanced project process and operational effectiveness thanks to reporting and tools implemented
300M$ (Construction cost)