Context and challenges
The Logistics Centre of this customer, a major player in the nuclear sector, is particularly active in the management of logistics activities for scaffolding, biological protection and Automated Safety Systems.
The client has operational performance goals for its fleet and for its logistics function, in particular for managing and monitoring field-based logistics resources.
The client called on Assystem to find a solution that would meet its performance goals.
Design and delivery of an application solution, able to interface with the client's national logistics management system in order to:
- Create logistic views
- Identify risks (simultaneous activity on site, reactor scram, Equipment Important for Safety etc.)
- Define and consult progress reports for logistics work
- Input data and comments
Development of application on 2 platforms:
- mobile component: installed on Windows tablets, for on-site work to monitor equipment and risks.
- fat client component: installed on Windows PC, in addition to the tablet functions, enables data import and export, user management, equipment and risk management, as well as equipment life cycle simulation.
The application's persistent data are centralised in a host MS SQL Server database.
- Improved operational performance of logistics teams
- Modernisation of client procedures
- Improved efficiency and anticipation of risks and needs