Context and challenges
This client is an independently-owned European leader, offering multi-technical services in the energy and communications sectors.
It needed an effective means for monitoring its worksites, which could also inform personnel of best security practices.
The company called on Assystem to find an application solution for worksite monitoring and security.
Assystem issued a proposal to create an application suite comprising two mobility modules with the following functions:
Security module used by the work crew managers to:
- Create log sheets used in the field to report non-conformities and preventive measures
- Hold security meetings with a catalogue on hand and a report generation function
- Publish news bulletins displayed when the tablet is started up, and which must be acknowledged before other application modules can be used
Worksite monitoring module used by personnel in the field to:
- Check that the worksite is compliant using data sheets, each one covering a specific topic and including a standardised project checklist
- Verify any changes made on the worksite using a log for conformity modifications
- Coordinate and ensure continual improvement on worksites using the operational data collected
- Perform all trade-specific workflow by entering and validating data with a digital signature for conformity sheets, enabling generation of official reports with photographs that can be annotated
The application modules operate on tablet computers used by the client's maintenance technicians, and comply with the infrastructure requirements at all worksites involved.
To guarantee data confidentiality, Assystem designed a synchronisation process that encrypts all the data exchanged between the tablets and the media library used.