9 November 2023
A new report published by Assystem has found that digital has the potential to significantly increase client confidence in project delivery. The company surveyed over 700 project controls professionals globally to get a snapshot of the state of play in the international infrastructure sector.
Key findings of the report
- 3.4x client confidence in successful delivery of projects and portfolios with full system integration
- 2x confidence in project outcomes with a digital delivery plan in place
- 1.7x client confidence in the successful delivery of projects and portfolios when BIM maturity is at stage 2
- 2.1x client confidence in the successful delivery of projects and portfolios when business intelligence (BI) tools are used
- 2.5x greater chance that projects fail to meet time, quality, or cost objectives when there is no project control system integration in place
The potential of digital
The report highlights the potential benefits of digital within project management, including analysis of Building Information Modelling (BIM), Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Digital PMO, in addition to analytics on skills and diversity.
A leader in PMO
Assystem is a global leader in project management and PMO services shaping the landscape of the energy transition. Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, the company is accelerating complex energy and infrastructure projects by leveraging cutting edge digital solutions tailored to the needs of its clients as part of its comprehensive PMO services offer.
Our insightful report highlights the benefits of pursuing a digital strategy to underpin successful project delivery. Today, technological advancements, particularly assets such as digital twins, powerful data-rich dashboards, and artificial intelligence, have the potential to revolutionise the world of project management.