Context and challenges
This client is a major player in the energy sector. It delivers solutions for energy production and supply and for water treatment, offering end-to-end turnkey solutions from design through to installation and commissioning. It is active in all energy generation sectors, including nuclear power.
For the new Hinkley Point nuclear power plant project in the United Kingdom, our client's activities cover the steam turbine and the turbine hall.
This client called on Assystem to perform the preliminary design, including the modelling of pipework lines, supports and equipment.
- Analysis and 3D design of turbine hall equipment
- Design of 500 pipework lines (diameters between DN25 and DN1400)
- Design of 2,000 supports
- Design of 126 structures and creation of the associated civil engineering guide drawings
This design work incorporated the 3D design and calculation of equipment:
- Integration of data from the "Table Top" structure and of data from all Table equipment manufacturers, with creation of the associated civil engineering guide drawings
- Maintenance, accessibility and HSE design work on turbine hall equipment with weight greater than 25 kg.
- Customer needs and project modifications handled by a project team working through a decentralised platform
- Complex issues handled by work teams organised around on trade expertise
- Guaranteed project compliance with all applicable regulations and calculation standards
- Optimal conditions guaranteed for equipment operation and maintenance in terms of safety and costs by taking into account HSE (Health Safety & Environment) standards in the earliest stages of the design phase (preliminary design)