Context and challenges
This client is a leading group in the rail transport sector in France. It is undertaking numerous modernisation projects and making stations and platforms accessible.
Law 2005-102 of 11 February 2005 on equal rights and opportunities, participation and citizenship for the disabled requires the competent authorities to make the services for which they are responsible accessible.
This client has launched projects to make the stations of Arras (PRO & REA), La Bassée (REA), Lille Flandres (PRO & REA), Valenciennes (PRO & REA) and Hazebrouck (PRO & REA) accessible to people with disabilities or for modernisation.
These activities consist of work on the platforms, platform shelters, subways and footbridges, and signage.
At the same time, this client has also launched several other projects such as:
- Rehabilitation of engineering structures on the Lourches/Valenciennes line, mainly involving the reinforcement of abutments and replacement of metal decks
- Replacement of a BOW STRING type metal footbridge at Hazebrouck station
- Upgrading of the Lourches/Valenciennes line (national market not included), mainly with a complete renewal over more than 11 km
In this context, this client has mandated Assystem to provide operational support in PMO project management, particularly in terms of planning.
- Organisation, planning, phasing of operations
- Drafting of project master plans
- Monitoring of the planning, study and data acquisition programme
- Organisation and management of the general planning
- Monitoring of the physical progress schedule (forecast/realized)
- Approval of the tender documents before the call for tenders
- Carrying out the technical analysis of the tenders and validation by the PCC (person in charge of the contract)
- Carrying out the companies' presentations
- Follow-up of the works contracts on the general contracting side
- Time savings through optimised activities, schedules and interfaces.
- Better coordination of operations thanks to the implementation of weekly and monthly meetings.
- Efficiency and time savings for the client project manager, who benefits from support in writing reports.