Context and challenges
The customer is a world-ranking airport management group that possesses several airport hubs. In 2016, the group launched an ambitious investment programme of 4.6 billion euros, through a major strategic plan. The plan includes in particular, the creation of a terminal. Indeed, the existing terminals, West and South, must be physically linked for optimum passenger and baggage transit.
In April 2017, in order to increase passenger capacity, the group launched the construction of the “junction”, a building covering 80,000 m², comprising a Baggage Handling System (BHS).
The customer appointed Assystem for assistance in the commissioning of the BHS and assistance for acceptance operations (testing, confirmation of proper operation and handover), within the framework of prime contracting assistance.
- Contribution to the tests and self-inspections conducted by the selected contractor
- Analysis of test results, assemblies, subassemblies and confirmation of proper operation
- Management of non-compliances and handover to execution contractors
- Organisation of progress meetings about reservations and modifications, within the context of project changes
- Tracking of their application by the contractor and/or any sub-contractors
- Checking of equipment and systems until all reservations are cleared
- Participation in management meetings until formal handover
- Handling capacity: 3,200 baggage items per hour
- 2 tray sorters
- 6 EDS (Explosive Detection Systems) Standard 3
- 2 additional EDS for control
- 60 check-in counters
- 96 final sorting positions
8million more passengers per year expected
385million euros of investment