Context and challenges
In order to cope with the growth in air traffic and to maintain its position as one of the world's major airport hubs, this client, leader in the airport industry, is carrying out major developments at one of its hubs. A new terminal is planned for 2028.
In order to ensure fluidity of movement within the airport, this group wishes to build two new metro lines between two terminals, which account for 9 km long, comprising 10 stations, linking the airport to its hinterland and car parks.
The project is part of a complex site in intense activity and must offer a high level of service to passengers.
In this context, this client has mandated Assystem to manage the implementation of the new APM* (automatic rail shuttle) transport system, including the monitoring of works and the commissioning of the system, as part of a general piloting PMC (Project Management Consultancy).
* APM : Airport People Mover
Client support throughout the project, integration within the client's teams:
- Structuring the project:
- General organisation of the design studies (all phases)
- Identification of the actors to be consulted (design, implementation, etc.)
- Implementation of system engineering approaches
- Follow-up of the design phases
- Follow-up of work phases
- Follow-up of the integration phases
- Monitoring of the commissioning phases of the transport system and delivery to the client
- Integration of this project in all the projects to be carried out over the next 10 years on the airport platform thanks to successfully integrating all customer requirements and managing the project by systems engineering.
- Breakingdown barriers between the various project stakeholders through the establishment of a single governance, cross-cutting steering bodies, common information-sharing tools and clarification of the roles and responsibilities of each party.
- Providing a global vision thanks to Assystem's know-how in the management of complex integrated projects directly within the project owner's teams.
- Control of ambitious deadlines through efficient project structuring