Context and challenges
In response to the serious urban congestion, the city of Doha has decided to build 4 metro lines. The construction program will take place in 2 phases (construction of the first three lines - red, gold and green - by 2020, followed by the construction of the fourth line - blue - and the extension of the existing lines).
This client, an industry leader in the provision of equipment and systems, signed a contract to supply advanced Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) signaling, a telecommunications and security system, an integrated operational control centre and automatic fare collection systems for this new metro network.
To improve the design and construction of this complex project, this client had been following a thorough Building Information Modeling (BIM) strategy and required testing and commissioning assistance.
The client has appointed Assystem MPH, the manpower supply subsidiary of Assystem, to provide expertise and technical support at all stages of the construction project.
- Setting up an effective sourcing and staffing program to get the right resources (BIM tools, electrical, HVAC – Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning, signaling, structure, architecture, telecom, etc.) and adapted tools, during all phases of the Doha project
- Support during the installation phase with a team of installation supervisors including for telecom and signaling activities
- Contribution to testing and commissioning activities for all metro stations
- Deployment of QA/QC activities (Quality Assurance, Quality Control) for all metro lines
- Planning set-up and follow up (cost, scheduling, contract management, headcount follow up)
Setting up a team of 29 BIM specialists and CAD operators to develop a BIM strategy
- Efficiency of recruitment strategy, providing 180 engineers and experts
- Compliance with the strict deadlines imposed by the project planning, thanks to the responsiveness of the teams mobilised
- Better construction documentation and improved building management integration thanks to setting up BIM and PMO tools
- Reduced downtime and costs thanks to improved scheduling and implementation of telecommunications, signal and utility systems
241kms of lines
123kms of underground lines
180Assystem engineers and experts