Context and challenges
Our client is a major player in the railway industry. It wished to strengthen the protection of its infrastructures against break-ins, acts of vandalism and other threats to sites.
The protection is focused on the infrastructures.
The present agreement had the following goals:
- Deploy a centralised monitoring system to increase surveillance capabilities to up to 100 sites
- Install protection equipment (intrusion detection, video surveillance) for new sites, and integrate them into the existing system
With these goals in mind, the client called on Assystem to implement a safety system primarily comprising intrusion detection and video surveillance equipment, with the entire system supervised from the Central Security Control Room (CSCR).
- Design and implementation of a centralised monitoring system compatible with the client's information system master plan, and in particular the new video infrastructure currently being deployed
- For each site:
- Preliminary site audit to customise the detection systems to the specific nature of the site and the zones to be monitored
- Specification and delivery of in-field equipment (cameras and detectors)
- Assistance with deployment and commissioning in cooperation with a partner company
- More sites protected
- More effective detection system (fewer false alarms)
- Optimisation of interventions in response to alarms
- Reduced maintenance costs for site assets