Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Any Assystem UK Office (hybrid working 2 days per week in the office)
Position: Permanent staff position/Umbrella Contractor
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to undertake work packages for the Defence Infrastructure account, with future potential work within our nuclear decommissioning / new build / fusion and energy transition accounts.
Ability to travel within UK. Role may require offsite working within client sites (frequency will be low).
Attributes for Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Team player and Leadership ability; taking the lead on assigned project tasks and allowing others to lead as appropriate.
- Good communicator; providing feedback on technical development and project delivery to the Lead Engineer and the Project Manager.
- Depending on experience, ability to provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Ability to write technical design reports and other documentation to support the technical file.
- Ability to manage own time and to deliver within agreed timescales, target cost and quality standards, requiring minimum supervision.
- Actively seeks guidance and knowledge where required to augment personal and project goals.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2:1 BEng qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent). Master level qualifications are preferable.
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartership is advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years design engineering experience in a highly regulated area.
- Familiar with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and/or Catia CAD software. (Training can be provided if deemed appropriate for the role).
- Familiar with FEA and a user-level experience ANSYS/CAESAR/Flow Master could be advantageous.
- An appreciation for mechanical and structural engineering, including pipework and vessel design.
- A strong mathematical background and experience of MathCAD software is desirable.
- An appreciation for the engineering design cycle of mechanical designs from Concept through to Manufacture.
- Experience of requirements led design / Modelled Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Production of technical files / LTQR packs
- Experience of appropriate legislation, for example the PED / PUWER / LOLA etc.
- Responsible for the production/checking/approval of (as appropriate) mechanical and structural engineering calculations, FEA, CAD and drawings.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you