Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Senior Mechanical Designer
Staff / Contract (Inside IR35)
Working in an engineering project team the Senior Mechanical Designer will assist in the production of technical solutions from customer requirements and translate the design concepts into scheme drawings, to develop into general arrangements, sub-assembly drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings, in accordance with relevant standard, for the manufacture or purchase of such items.
This will include the production of DPD’s, MFD’s, MSD’s design layouts, building layout drawings, assembly drawings and manufacturing drawings.
Furthermore you will be tasked with the following:
- They will be able to produce scoping calculations to support the original concepts for which they are responsible.
- They will be capable of accurately reporting their work progress and supporting the development of work breakdowns, estimates and programmes.
- Be aware of the project requirements at all levels and work closely with the project team to achieve agreed milestones. Ensuring that assigned work is delivered to agreed time scales, target costs and to the required quality.
- Working with initiative and self-motivation, assist in leading a team of design personnel in the delivery of medium size work packages.
- The Senior Designer is expected to guide, support and develop junior team members.
- You will have been operating as a Senior Designer in a previous role
- Must have a full understanding of the requirements of BS888 and have been producing drawings to the standard for several years.
- Must understand the latest geometrical tolerancing requirements. Ideally backed up with evidence of formal training.
- The candidate should be an experienced user of Inventor, with experience creating designs and models in Inventor.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan at Assystem
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Process Design Engineer