Electrical Design Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Review and update of the system documentation, as well as formulating electrical, nuclear safety, and control logic requirements in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies, quality processes, and tools
- Analysis and verification the input data, requirements, and lessons learnt from other stations
- Sizing/designing of components e.g. transformers, batteries, HV-LV switchboards, Performance of cable routing, layout of cable trays, cable calculations …
- Support to procurement team in formulation of technical specifications and supplier surveillance: Technical/peer checking of reports and other technical documentation
- Ensuring technical content provided in compliance with the quality process and engineering guidelines
- Work on and advise on technical topics
- Solve technically challenging and multi-disciplinary issues in a timely pro-active manner
- Provide guidance and advice to overall team on technical topics
Modification and configuration management
- Managing requests for modifications to system(s) checking their applicability
- Develop and present technical solutions suitable for all impacted disciplines that support design stability strategy
- Relevant engineering degree
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience in nuclear engineering and in new build in particular.
- Practical experience on the systems and components of the common raft buildings or of the balance of plant
- Knowledge of process systems and control logic
- Experienced in the design of electrical systems, instrumentation or cable sizing.
- Understanding of nuclear process and electrical interfaces (interfaces with layout in particular)
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear processing regulations
- Demonstrable experience of producing system documentation
- Knowledge of HPC engineering sequencing and interfaces is an asset
- Demonstrable experience on Caneco, PDMS is an asset
- Competent in use of IT applications e.g. MS suite, CAD
- Demonstrable collaboration experience
Hybrid Role – 3 days in the Bristol office
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.