Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years' experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Description du Poste
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as a control and instrumentation (C&I/I&C/EC&I) training developer. You will have a key role in facilitating the growth of knowledge across Hinkley Point C power station, currently under construction.
You will be primarily supporting the preparation of C&I training, for use in classroom and workshop environments and e-learning. There may also be periodically work in associated areas (for example training material for use at other power stations).
You will be one of three staff primarily responsible for development and delivery of C&I training, and part of a wider team of around 8 responsible for maintenance and skills training.
There is currently a blend of home and office working, with 2 days in the office per week. On ‘office’ days, work will mainly be based at Hinkley Point C, with some work at Aztec West in Bristol. We can work to schedule these around commitments you have to a reasonable extent.
You will have the opportunity to make a major impact on the performance of the organisation through the application and delivery of quality training. Working closely with staff across the business, while developing your own skills and forging an exciting future.
Key duties the successful candidate will be required to carry out:
- The development of instrumentation and control training in classroom, workshop and digital environments
- Coordinate training module review and approvals and communicate delivery of responsible training areas
- Build understanding of I&C systems based on design documentation, discussions with subject matter experts, discussions with manufacturers etc.
- Ensure company values, safety and Operational Experience are embedded throughout training.
- Contribute to the NSA business plan, supporting achievement of our company organisational goals (for example there may be other courses, projects and initiatives from time to time)
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to understand I&C documentation
- Ability to make good quality training material, support/mentoring can be given but we are looking for somebody who will be able to develop training packages reasonably autonomously
- HNC or Higher level qualification, in a relevant technical subject.
- Good computing skills – we primarily use Powerpoint and a programme called ‘articulate’ to develop e-learning.
- Prior experience of using articulate rise is not required as long as you have a growth mindset about it.
- A reasonable understanding of key aspects of I&C system design and operation.
- Knowledge of modern learning methods and media and experience of bringing these to bear in the development and delivery of training.
- Writing documents, procedures from operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals.
- Experience commissioning new system such as FAT, SAT, integration testing.
- Working with cyber security or computer configuration management.
Understanding of DCS distributed control systems and/or SCADA/HMIs.
- Experience with Siemens, Teleperm or Schneider PLCs, 4-20mA loops, marshalling, electronics.
- Basic understanding of networking.