Social and Resettlement Specialist
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
Assystem in Türkiye, is renowned for working with the public and private sectors. Specializing in ESIA studies, site investigations, and laboratory research, the company offers vital site supervision owners and lenders engineering services. Notably, Assystem in Türkiye plays a pivotal role in major projects like power generation, and the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
We are seeking for a Resettlement Expert for AYGM Ispartakule – Çerkezköy HST Project.
- Undertake Social and Resettlement Specialist position of the project
- Manage social and resettlement requirements according to EBRD and AIIB standards and local law;
- Prepare Bi-monthly RAP monitoring reports
- Implement and support RAP and livelihood restoration activities
- Prepare or supply inputs for reports and documents of the project
- Work at the site and/or along the project route as necessary
- Attend meetings and negotiations which are necessary regarding both physical and economic resettlement
- Revise any existing relevant document of the project
- A degree from a University or a similar institution in relevant discipline;
- Fluency in English and Turkish, both written and spoken is required;
- 10 years’ experience in implementing RAP and livelihood restoration activities (including experience on linear Projects) to IFI standards in Turkey;
- 10 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement in major infrastructure Projects to IFI standards;
- Specific experience in social and resettlement requirements according to International Finance Institutions (IFIs)’s standards, especially EBRD, AIIB and WB and local law;
- Experience in both physical and economic resettlement;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of EBRD’s social requirements and past experience of leading in their successful implementation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.