Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding Fusion and Modular Nuclear (FMN) business unit. As leaders in the design and development of new technologies, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple cutting-edge projects developing technical solutions making net-zero power generation a reality.
As a valued and integrated member of the FMN team, the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Taking the lead on assigned project tasks, capable of managing and planning projects for a team of engineers and liaising with project management facilities.
- Producing high quality engineering solutions and outputs covering a broad range of engineering topics and activities.
- Communicating and providing feedback of technical development and project delivery to the Lead Engineer and the Project Manager.
- Leading small teams of engineers to deliver engineering tasks as part of a project team.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to other team members especially junior or graduate engineers.
- Manage your own time to deliver within agreed timescales, target cost and quality standards, requiring minimum supervision.
- Minimum 2:1 BEng qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent). Master level qualifications are preferable.
- Previous engineering experience in a highly regulated area
- Working level experience of the design codes and standards is desirable, for example Eurocode 3, ASME III, ASME VIII, RCC-M, DNV codes etc.
- Familiar with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and/or Catia CAD software. (Training can be provided)
- Familiar with FEA and preferably a user level experience of ANSYS Workbench.
- An appreciation for mechanical and structural engineering.
- A strong mathematical background and experience of MathCAD software is desirable.
- An appreciation for the engineering design cycle of mechanical designs from Concept through to Manufacture.
- Responsible for the production of mechanical and structural engineering calculations, FEA, CAD and drawings.
- BPSS and SC required
- Ability to travel Assystem offices and customer sites within UK.
- To undertake work packages supporting major UK and international Nuclear Clients.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.