- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies. Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the sustainability industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.
By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environmental Services.
The Ecological Services department is looking to expand due to continuous growth with strong relationships with a range of clients.
We focus on hiring team members that align with our company values and have integrity. We provide ecology consultancy services to a wide range of clients. We pride ourselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client friendly service.
Are you an experienced Consultant Ecologist looking to take that next step to Senior? Or are you currently a Senior looking to try join a supportive team in a growing business?
As Senior Ecologist at Assystem, you will be helping the ecology team with project management, undertaking surveys, data analysis and drafting reports, as well as working with the team on larger projects. If successful in the role, there is a next step to become Team Leader and line-manage part of the team. Our Senior Ecologist will be a self-organised person who is able to work independently as well as part of a team, has a full clean driving licence and is capable of working flexible hours. The ideal candidate will have experience in habitat condition surveys (in line with UKHabs) and protected species assessments, report writing skills and experience. CIEEM Associate Level working towards Full Membership / CEnv / CEco is a minimum to join at this level (or in application).
As a Senior Ecologist, you will, in collaboration with ecology colleagues and other environmental disciplines, play a pivotal role in the delivery of ecological services.
Your role will include:
- Scoping and Project Management of a range of small to large scale projects.
- Planning and managing ecological surveys using various survey methods.
- Negotiating with statutory agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Writing and authoring a wide range of technical reports, including Biodiversity Net Gain and Ecological Impact Assessment.
- Confident in reviewing ecological reports and providing feedback.
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and new clients.
- Preparation of tenders, and support business development activities.
- Mentoring of junior members of the Assystem Ecology Team.
- Operate, at all times, in accordance with the CIEEM Professional Code of Conduct
- A BSc or MSc in a relevant subject, with a minimum of 6 years’ consultancy experience.
- An associate or full member of CIEEM. Holding protected species survey licences together with experience of the protected species licensing process would be advantageous.
- Strong field experience with ambitions to develop others in your technical skills.
- Fully conversant with the framework of legislation and guidance within the UK with strong skills in habitat surveys and/or ECoW.
- Robust project management skills with the ability to plan and deliver works in line with budgets and programme deadlines.
- Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to advise clients.
- Health and Safety awareness, especially safe working practices and risk assessment related to ecology fieldwork.
- Full current driving licence.
Group Personal Pension Plan – Employees Contribution 4%, Assystem Contribution 8%.
Employee Assistance Programme
Assystem are committed to developing the skills and abilities of our employees via professional training, coaching, mentoring and developing soft skills.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.