Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Principal Mechanical Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent or contract
As part of a growing account, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are looking to increase the size of their Derby site to respond to an increase in workload and are recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer
As the Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the formation, leadership, and management for a number of Engineering projects which will form part of the submarine’s new build and development programmes.
- Leadership of the engineering activities across both primary and secondary circuits of the propulsion systems componentry
- Development of Safety and Functional Requirements
- Design Package production in line with Customer Requirement
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and Management of Interfaces
- Develop concepts in line with Project Requirements
- Maintain Equipment Lists and Schedules
- Management of Risk and Opportunity
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in similar roles with specific emphasis (but not limited to) Valves, Pressure Vessel, Structural, Tooling and Lifting Equipment Design.Experienced in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
- Good understanding of relevant design codes and safety legislation
- Ability to define budgets/work programmes for complete design project lifecycles e.g., requirements capture, concept design and detailed design.
- Proven ability to develop high quality engineering solutions
- Good understanding of relevant Regulations, ONR, Environment Agency and HSE matters
- Experience of Requirements Capture/Elicitation
- Systems Engineering awareness
- Experience in managing sub-contractors
- BEng in a relevant discipline
- SC Clearance or capable of achieving it
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong leadership skills
- Focus on delivering quality output to time and budget
- Act with integrity and instils this in others
- Has an appreciation of wider technical issues beyond own discipline
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence, using their own initiative and self-motivation
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Design Engineer- Waste Water/Sewerage
Process Design Engineer