- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join the Fusion and Modular Nuclear Business Unit. Day to day you will be responsible for the development of thermo-fluid mechanical systems, critical to the delivery of modular nuclear and fusion projects. You will be;
- Leading the development of a thermofluid system, including managing a small single discipline team.
- Specifying fluid systems equipment; including pumps, heat exchangers, heat transfer equipment, pipes, valves and filters.
- Undertaking system characterisation calculations and modeling , including assessments of head losses and transient flow phenomena.
- Responsible for the professional production of mechanical engineering output, including production and technical checking of modelling, drawings, technical reports and calculations to support the design.
- Producing documentation that is accurate, professionally formatted and presentable.
- Formulating and producing effective solutions to emerging problems, demonstrating their applicability through use of optioneering and other design decision techniques.
- Altering and modifying designs to meet customer requirements.
- Liaising with project stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Presenting at technical reviews.
- Shall be able to work independently within clearly defined boundaries.
- Shall demonstrate a track record of producing high quality engineering outputs relating to their specific area of expertise or knowledge.
- Shall demonstrate a good knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Shall demonstrate application of mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Shall demonstrate management of the allocation of work and supervision to single-discipline technical teams.
- Shall have demonstrable understanding of thermofluid systems and design tradeoffs therein.
- Should have a basic understanding of delegation, motivation, communication, object setting, dealing with people and teamwork.
- Should have completed a relevant and recognised Degree OR evidence of HNC / HND (or similar) with substantial experience.
- Alternatively completion of a relevant and recognised:
- – Apprenticeship OR
- – Graduate Scheme OR
- – Industrial experience via alternative routes.
- Should be a member of a relevant professional institution – typically the IMechE or IED.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be need to be UK nationals and able to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.