Hydrology and Hydraulic Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem Stup is a full-service design, engineering and project delivery consultancy created following Assystem’s acquisition of Stup Consultants Pvt Ltd in July 2021. Assystem Stup combines Assystem’s internationally recognised expertise in low-carbon technologies and complex project management with Stup’s extensive experience. Stup has 5 decades expertise in the urban and territorial infrastructures, civil engineering, complex buildings, transportation infrastructures as well as its strong footprint and reputation in India. Founded in 1963 by two disciples of the renowned French engineer Eugène Freyssinet, Yves Guyon and C.R. Alimchandani, the father of Stup’s last chairman, Stup became one of India’s leading providers of infrastructure engineering services.
Assystem is an international company of more than 6000 experts spread across 10 countries and with more than 55 years’ experiencing of supporting the world’s most challenging energy and complex infrastructure projects.
Assystem is playing a leading role in the fight against climate change, helping governments and clients meet their energy transition aspirations. In Europe, Asia and the Middle East, our experts are working on new nuclear power stations, harnessing the power of hydrogen, wind and solar, and helping developing economies to upgrade and optimise their existing grid infrastructures.
Assystem also helps its clients meet their operational performance challenges through its ‘engineering powered by digital’ philosophy, merging the strength of engineering and the power of datas, to improve project traceability, reduce projects costs and delivery time as well as optimising infrastructure performance.
For company profile, please visit the website :- www.assystemstup.com
ITER represents a large energy project. This project is aiming at developing the largest experimental fusion reactor that has ever been built, in order to offer an inexhaustible, safe, and environmentally friendly source of energy. ITER is a unique global collaboration involving a European Union Joint Undertaking, which bears half the cost of the project, and six non-European countries: the United States, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Russia. The project requires unprecedented engineering services.
Within this major site, the largest helium and nitrogen production plant in the world is being built
The cryogenic plant will produce liquid nitrogen (equipment supplied by Europe) used in the “pre-cooling” processes of the liquid helium production unit (under the responsibility of the ITER Management) as well as for cooling the thermal shield. A complex system of cooling lines (supplied by India) will ensure the distribution of Helium. The plant will be much larger and more powerful than those required for the existing superconducting tokamaks.
ITER Management has appointed Assystem, as part of 2 entities as representative to:
- perform design studies and construction management activities for the buildings (including services) and site infrastructures
- perform construction management activities for IO’s systems including the TOKAMAK machine
- More than 3+ years of experience in water, waste water industry, hydrology and storm drainage infrastructure works.
- Experience of working in urban storm drainage infrastructure works, rail, roads and airport sector related drainage works (preferred).
- Experience in hydrology design of bridges and culverts, river training and flood mitigation/protection works, rainwater harvesting systems.
- Experience in drainage network planning and detailed hydraulic designs, report and drawing preparation and checking for drains, with ability to analyze and solve drainage-related problems.
- Experience in Middle East projects, with good understanding of hydraulic and hydrological principles, detailing for GFC stage drawings.
- Proficiency in GIS tools (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS). For terrain modelling, catchment and network analysis,
- Knowledge of drainage analysis, using StormCAD, HEC-RASS, HEC-HMS, HY8, SewerGEM software’s and familiar with requisite VBA programming especially in the context of Excel.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- HFL Calculation
- Strong leadership, good communication skills to work effectively with teams and stakeholders.
- Practical experience in fieldwork related to drainage projects.
- Familiarity with CWC guidelines, Indian and International Codal provisions
Civil Engineering or master’s degree water resource Engineering /Environment engineering.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.