Electrical Design Engineer
- On site
Assystem Stup is a full-service project delivery consultancy company offering master planning, comprehensive building design, engineering and project management services. We serve many clients in decarbonised energy, transportation, cities & territories, buildings and commercial, institutional, recreational and manufacturing facility infrastructures.
As part of Assystem Group, we combine strong expertise in engineering, project management and digitalisation to serve our clients worldwide.
The successful candidate is expected to be a detail orientated, experienced engineer who can make decisions independently under the guidance of senior staff. The focus of the experience must be in the building MEP, Energy or power industry associated with electrical engineering and design.
- Responsible for the engineering design work on assigned projects under the guidance of senior staff
- Directing electrical infrastructure physical layout
- One line and three-line diagrams
- Developing construction and electrical equipment specifications
- Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
- Panel Layouts and Schedules
- Plan Drawings such as grounding plans, lighting plan, raceway plans, cable tray plans etc.
- Electrical Lists – Cable and Conduit Schedules, Load List, Equipment List
- Calculations – ampacity, cable sizing, conduit sizing, transformer sizing, Grounding Analysis and Design, underground cable and duct bank, dialux, ETAP
- Equipment Specifications and Data Sheets
- Bill of Materials
- Attending client meetings
- Occasional travel to client/project sites
Level specific responsibilities:
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with some supervision.
- BE/ B-Tech – Electrical with minimum 5 years of experience in Design field
- Successful track record working with remote teams
- Strong familiarity with industry codes and standards (BIS,IEC,NFPA, IEEE, etc.).
- Strong familiarity of current building codes and standards
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to lead engineering tasks
- Power systems analysis software experience (ETAP, SKM, EasyPower) will be added advantage
- Experience working in collaborative 3D model environments e.g. Navisworks, BIM
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.