CS&A Responsible Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
CS&A Engineer RE/Principal
Contract / Permanent
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
CS&A Responsible Engineer leading a small team to assist the Senior CS&A Responsible Engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering design work packages (specification, calculation, analysis, verification or assessment of engineering, method statements, designer risk assessments, pre-construction information, checking calculations & drawings etc.) from optioneering and the equivalent of Appraise & Select to Define covering all facilities plus on-going assessments of these facilities.
CS&A is a relatively small team and we need to maintain a minimum number of SQEP engineers in order to maintain independent “doing” and checking. We also need to maintain:
- A base knowledge of the LP Plants to be able to respond to emerging plant issues including those arising either during installation of new plant & equipment or to review plant loading requirements
- Review designs undertaken by others
- Review project and task related temporary works (e.g. scaffolding designs) on behalf of the Principal Designer that are out with the scope of the Enterprise.
- Knowledge of fulfilling the Intelligent Customer role within a project environment
- Understanding of SL Asset Management and Configuration Management processes and arrangements within Decommissioning Asset care and Project environments
- Minimum 7 years experience in delivering engineering and technical solutions within Sellafield, complying with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team focusing on novel and diverse engineering challenges that have a potential to impact business performance.
- SQEP for access to C1/C2 and R2+ Areas (or ability to achieve)
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Whitehaven 3 days per week with ability to access site and the facilities. Work from home acceptable 2 days per week in line with general practice.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.