- Contracting / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Cost Engineer Responsibilities
- Establish the estimating scope of work, prepare estimate methodology, produce an overall estimate activity schedule identifying all deliverables and interfaces with other disciplines.
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for resolution of difficult or complex estimating problems
- Coordinate and drive input from engineering, supply chain and construction disciplines to ensure inputs are in line with estimating classification procedures
- Establish the key parameters associated with the overall quality and accuracy of the estimate such as: equipment and material pricing guidelines, material take-off and other allowances, escalation philosophy, and site location (labour productivity) factors.
- Conduct detailed analysis and benchmarking against similar completed projects.
- Prepare Basis of Estimate and compile all estimate documentation required for internal governance and client presentation / submission
- Support with check estimates, PEER Reviews and forecasting as required.
- Collate actual and accrual hours for presentation
- Cost & variance reporting for reporting cycle
- Management of “Estimate At Completion” process
Cost Engineer – Engage with all stakeholders on the project in particular Client Cost Manager, Client Project Managers, Accounts
JV Project Manager & Project Controls Manager.
Lead in cost reporting and forecasting into the required reporting drumbeat.
Lead in EAC process for the project ensuring all stakeholders included and meets required timeline and outputs.
Lead in change impact for budget control.
Qualification, Special Skills or Experience:
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
Understanding of Cost Management and Contract Management such as NEC
Management of EAC Process
Earned Value Management, Stakeholder liaison, forecasting
Due to the nature of this role we will require the successful candidate to be a sole British passport holder and to be able to acquire Security Clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.