Consent Manager – Town Planning
- Permanent /
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy. By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
We are seeking to identify a Senior and/or Consultant, with a Town Planning background to join our team to provide clients consents and town planning advice for major infrastructure projects.
We would also expect candidates to have a strong Town Planning background and knowledge of wider consents permits and licenses required to implement new developments. We specifically seek somebody with experience within Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects and a thorough understanding of the legislative requirements required under the DCO planning process.
You are to be responsible for evaluating consents and engagement requirements to ensure that Assystem deploy a cost effective and sustainable solution to our client.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promotion and delivery of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects through Development Consent Order (DCO) legislation
- Delivery of technical engagement programmes for stakeholders including local authorities, statutory and non-statutory bodies and the general public
- Stakeholder facilitation, negotiation and mediation
- Planning and consenting legislation
- Statutory planning policy advice and appraisal
- Strategic management of consents deliverables
- Consents application preparation
- Collaborative and cross disciplinary working
- Project management and co-ordination of large, multi-disciplinary teams
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Good negotiation / collaboration skills to ensure full support within the framework.
- Embraces and leads change with an ability to influence and implement best practice internally and at project level.
- High levels of resilience and adaptability
- Proven ability to influence and persuade key stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering stakeholder engagement and managing communications that are underpinned by a customer focus.
- Strong commercial acumen.
We place great emphasis on both written and verbal communication; those that flourish within our organisation are naturally inclined to engage with their colleagues & stakeholders alike and to be proactive in reaching out to others in overcoming hurdles.
In common with many places of work, we seek personnel that are professional, positive, open and honest. We would expect the successful candidate to exhibit the following behavioural traits:
- Ability to see things differently – prepared to question standard approaches in order to manage consenting risks and programme deadlines
- Support and develop – create a local leadership team by delegation, coaching and mentoring
- Decisiveness – makes day-to-day business choices that have commercial implications, knowing when to inform others or ask for support.
- Relevant degree
- Member of Professional Body (MRTPI)
- 5+ years knowledge of delivering projects through the Town & Country Planning Act legislation
- Prior experience of delivering a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project through the Planning Act 2008 legislation or similar including large EIA projects
- Up to date with latest developments in Professional Competence
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.