Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer, with a specialism in High Voltage (HV) and Medium Voltage (MV) systems, to support the significant growth in its EC&I business.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be directly involved in our most exciting projects, across a wide range of our client portfolio projects and framework agreements. In particular, we are seeking candidates with experience in naval dockyard electrical systems.
- Clarify and agree project requirements at all levels
- Work closely with the project team to achieve agreed milestones
- Working autonomously with the capability to lead a team of designers and engineers in the delivery of significant size work packages
- Produce technical solutions from customer requirements and initial concepts and lead activities necessary to provide optimal design solutions to the project
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the engineering arena especially with respect to the latest developments in technologies and techniques
- Produce project deliverables in accordance with project requirements, current best practice and to the relevant standards and procedures
- Adhere to all company and statutory H&S policies, rules, regulations and laws
- Adhere to the company Quality Management System (QMS), contribute to the development of the QMS and proactively enforce and monitor team compliance to the QMS.
- Assist with the preparation of estimates for projects or proposals
- Design of HV & MV distribution, protection and control systems
- Development and review of schematic drawings and single line diagrams
- Development of HV/MV system studies, including protection coordination, earthing, arc flash, voltage regulation, load flow and fault level reports
- Detailed design covering all aspects of High and Medium voltage equipment
- Detailed design of secondary control and protection systems
- Specification, selection and procurement of the range of HV & MV equipment
- Experienced in the use of electrical design tools (ETAP or similar)
- Co-ordination and management of sub-contract specialist suppliers
- Delivery of design packages throughout the project lifecycle, from concept to commissioning
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Engineering within a highly regulated industry (e.g. nuclear, energy, offshore, aerospace).
- Experience in the application of appropriate engineering standards.
- Ability to develop processes and procedures to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Knowledge and application of European and International Standards and electrical engineering best practice.
- Be able to work with a high degree of independence using own initiative and motivation.
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of three years previous experience in the role of Senior Engineer or a similar Staff appointment.
- Experience with naval dockyard electrical systems
- Experience of using tools for configuration management, issue management and project management.
- Experienced in the use of AMTECH / Trimble ProDesign
- Ability to manage and work within virtual team
- Familiarity with MoD standards and procedures.
- Minimum qualification for this role is HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent qualification with a high emphasis on electrical engineering
- Preferred qualification for this role is HND in electrical engineering or equivalent qualification with a high emphasis on electrical engineering.
- Incorporated Engineer or working towards chartership status.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, some of our projects will require applicants to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Pavement Design Engineer
Process Design Engineer