Project Engineer (CS&A)
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer (dependent on experience) will be responsible for the technical co-ordination and package delivery of significant infrastructure and civil works specifically below ground services. Taking packages of work through the final stages of design into construction. They will report into a Senior Project Engineer.
- Co-ordination of technical and project interfaces
- Reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Contract management
- Programme / Schedule management
- Risk management
- Change and scope management including review and production of compensation event (CE’s)
- Degree in Civil/Structural Eng (qualification in Construction Management or similar would be considered)
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Project Management experience (small packages of work)
- Experience at RIBA 2 – RIBA 4
- Working knowledge of project controls
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to travel when required
- Knowledge of NEC PSC Contracts – Option E and appropriate mechanisms
- Working knowledge of CDM roles and responsibilities
- Experienced using accredited quality and business management systems
- Nuclear experience
- Experience of working with complex regulatory and assurance processes
- Working knowledge of systems engineering
- Experience of large civil construction on site
- Experience using CEMAR
- Ability to use Power Query/VBA and knowledge of data management
- CEng or working towards an advantage
SC Clearance – or ability to gain it. Potentially able to start with BPSS.
Sole UK National
Ideally Staff but Umbrella Contractor considered
Hybrid – Visits to Client sites (1-2 times a month Bristol/Plymouth/Warrington)
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.