- Fixed-Term Contract /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for Plater’s to work at our customers site in Derby on a 12 month contract basis.
- Role title – Plater
- Contract duration – until December 2024
- Contract type – PAYE via Umbrella – Inside IR35
- Hours – 37 hours, Split between Nights, Afters + Days (overtime achievable)
- Location – Derby
As a member of the Fabrication Team your key accountabilities will include:
- Manufacture of high integrity components of varying sizes to tight engineering tolerances.
- Use of all hand tools, torque wrenches and measuring equipment, use of overhead cranes and manipulation equipment.
- Interpretation of manufacturing drawings, customer drawings and written specifications.
- A willingness to learn new skills and processes, undertaking training where necessary.
- Awareness of HS&E requirements.
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- NVQ Level 3 – Fabrication (Or Equivalent)
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings and work instructions.
- Capable of managing time/resource effectively.
- A flexible-working attitude to taking on other tasks/activities when required.
- Good communication skills.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.