Planner / Senior Planner
- Contracting / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Responsible for planning – production and management of project schedule(s), both internally and externally.
- Coordination of work packages to schedule, tracking progress vs schedule, resource planning, coordination of sub-contractors.
- Review and approval of sub-contractor programmes.
- Interface with the stakeholders to identify and report on progress, change, risks and opportunities.
- Input to proposals relating to manhour estimates and planning.
- Produce concise, accurate reports of project metrics including critical path analysis to the Defence Infrastructure Lead Team.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Primavera P6 to intermediate level (essential)
- Strong skills in MS Office, especially Excel and Project
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines without direction/supervision
- Good communicator able to provide a clear, concise and accurate summary of project progress, risks to the critical path and metrics
- Able to confidently engage with sub-contractors and critically review the accuracy of sub-contractor submissions
- Attention to detail
- Experience as project planner on NEC4 Contracts is essential (particularly Option A and Option C)
- Major infrastructure design and build project background highly desirable
- Experience of working in the Nuclear or Defence Industry is highly desirable
- Degree preferred, or other equivalent qualification
- Primavera P6 training
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APM) would benefit
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.