Construction Delivery Manager
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Support the contract partners in their delivery of the works packages to enable efficient delivery of the of their sections of works.
- Recommend temporary measures to mitigate against safety and/or quality concerns. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to avoid the cessation of works. This includes but is not limited to review of documents, assurance audits, etc.
- Monitor works on site record findings in a construction daily site log, ensuring information is reported up through the organisation to the Senior Construction Delivery Manager. Escalate any issues/concerns via detailed reports.
- Proactively communicate/co-ordinate with site functions (H&S, quality, surveillance, commercial, project controls, logistics) and other Construction Delivery Managers to maintain good communication links, and ensure activity is well and timely reported. This will also include regular attendance at pre-start briefings and supporting the delivery of key messages to the contractor’s organisation.
- Organise and conduct PLOD/PLOW meetings with the contractor, ensuring outputs are recorded and issued to the Senior Construction Delivery Manager.
- Undertake and record safety and/or assurance inspections that support the project HSPI’s.
- Ensure clear, two-way communication with the Senior Construction Delivery Manager so that all activities and issues are directed appropriately.
- Experience and knowledge in delivering projects, including construction sequencing, recovery plans and resource allocation.
- Good understanding of the post holder’s obligations under the CDM Regulations.
- Able to write informative, concise and meaningful reports.
- Motivate and energise contract partners by building a climate of trust and understanding and actively seeking alternative views and opinions.
- Possess excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Construction management, or equivalent vocational training and experience.
- SMSTS or IOSH qualification holder.
- Collaborate with other managers to effectively manage operations of the site
- Adopt a results-focussed mind set, using initiative and taking personal responsibility and accountability to ensure necessary action is taken to deliver excellence, value and quality.
- Able to deliver results when working under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.