Sr. Structural Engineer
- Fixed-Term Contract /
- Al Khobar
- On site
Creating and performing structural engineering design/construction support activities to achieve the company goal for client’s deliverables for consultancy services.
Giving guidance and directions to team members including Juniors engineers and designers /BIM modelers.
Ensuring the implementation of company system and standards.
Performing the communication with internal technical team with other disciplines whenever applicable.
Performing the technical communication with relevant technical team from sub-contractor side.
Leading production designers /drawings team/BIM team on task level.
- Creating the structural statical system and agreeing on the structural concept with Senior/ lead engineer/department head.
- Performing the structural analytical model to reflect the actual agreed (conceptual) structural system for buildings or any structural infra component.
- Creating and generating structural calculations report and design basis report as per project relevant standard.
- Preparing and securing the engineering inputs through creating the markups drawings for drawings/ BIM modeling team to create the structural BIM model and relevant structural design drawings or shop-drawings.
- Coordinating with other disciplines to collect the project requirements and ensure the design consistency between all design trades.
- Attending squad check meeting if needed.
- Perform 1st eye technical review on structural drawings prior commencing the 2nd eye review process as well as prior to starting the QC checking for any submittals whenever requested by department head or lead engineer or Senior Engineer.
- Attending technical meetings with client team and especially technical peers whenever requested by department head/lead engineer/senior engineer.
- Arranging the tasks plan for designers/ drawings team.
- Monitor and control the running tasks with designers/drawings teams to ensure the delivery on time with targeted quality level with close coordination with lead engineer/senior engineer.
- Perform review on shop-drawings submittals, design drawings submittals, or specs whether prepared by sub-contractor or by internal team.
- Perform progress reports with lead engineer/ senior engineer on the project /Task level submittals.
- Attending the site visits for preparing site condition reports.
- Preparing the RFIs throughout the project life cycle and to be checked by lead/senior engineer prior releasing.
- Preparing the inputs to quantity surveyor teams along with project RFP and specs.
- Preparing the check list for drawings team prior to starting any project for technical items works on the project/task level.
- Participating in value engineering sessions and preparing the presentation for it with close coordination with Senior engineer/ lead engineer.
- Creating the quality assurance department package for approval and filling any check lists required by QC team as part of company standard.
- Generating the BIM interference clash report.
Bachelor’s programs in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering).
Years of Experience/ Sector:
Job-Specific Skills: (Example- Analytical skills, Auto CAD, STAAD.Pro software skills etc.)
- Revit-structure and AutoCAD.
- CSI Structural Analysis Programs Package (SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE & CSI Column).
Generic Skills: (Example -Written communication, Digital literacy)
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills able to build credibility and trust with my team members.
- Able to build strong business relationships, communicate and resolve issues and concerns to deliver business outcomes.
- Microsoft Office applications MSWord, Excel, Power point, ICDL certified.
- AutoCAD training Certification, Egyptian Syndicate of Engineers.
- CSI Analysis Programs package (SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE & CSI column), Egyptian Syndicate of Engineers & Self learning.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.