Sr Design Engineer-Building Structures
- Infrastructure / Building
- / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem Stup is a full-service design, engineering and project delivery consultancy created following Assystem’s acquisition of Stup Consultants Pvt Ltd in July 2021. Assystem Stup combines Assystem’s internationally recognised expertise in low-carbon technologies and complex project management with Stup’s extensive experience. Stup has 5 decades expertise in the urban and territorial infrastructures, civil engineering, complex buildings, transportation infrastructures as well as its strong footprint and reputation in India. Founded in 1963 by two disciples of the renowned French engineer Eugène Freyssinet, Yves Guyon and C.R. Alimchandani, the father of Stup’s last chairman, Stup became one of India’s leading providers of infrastructure engineering services.
Assystem is an international company of more than 6000 experts spread across 10 countries and with more than 55 years’ experiencing of supporting the world’s most challenging energy and complex infrastructure projects.
Assystem is playing a leading role in the fight against climate change, helping governments and clients meet their energy transition aspirations. In Europe, Asia and the Middle East, our experts are working on new nuclear power stations, harnessing the power of hydrogen, wind and solar, and helping developing economies to upgrade and optimise their existing grid infrastructures.
Assystem also helps its clients meet their operational performance challenges through its ‘engineering powered by digital’ philosophy, merging the strength of engineering and the power of datas, to improve project traceability, reduce projects costs and delivery time as well as optimising infrastructure performance.
For company profile, please visit the website :- www.assystemstup.com
Position Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Design Engineer specializing in structural design of buildings. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in Structural Engineering and a strong background in design of various type of building projects. As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in the design and analysis of structural elements, with a specific focus on buildings. You will work closely with project teams, clients, and stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Design and analyze structural elements, with a specialization in buildings, using state-of-the-art software and engineering principles.
- Develop Design Basis Reports for various projects, ensuring compliance with industry standards, codes, and regulations.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and design teams.
- Collaborate with architects, clients, MEP Engineers and other project stakeholders to ensure coordination and integration of structural design requirements.
- Prepare detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Conduct structural analyses in ETABS, STAADPro, SAFE etc. to assess the performance of buildings under various loading conditions.
- Evaluate and select appropriate materials, construction techniques, and structural systems.
- Conduct periodic site visits and inspections to monitor the progress of construction and ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements and developments in engineering, codes, and regulations.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in structural engineering, with a focus on Steel and RC buildings design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of relevant Indian and international codes and standards related to building design and construction.
- Proficiency in using structural engineering software such as ETABS, STAAD.Pro, SAFE and similar.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to perform complex structural analyses.
- Familiarity with various construction materials, techniques, and fabrication processes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong project management abilities, with the capacity to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license or equivalent certification is preferred.
Note: This job description is a general outline of responsibilities and qualifications required for the position of Senior Design Engineer – Structural. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change based on the specific needs of the organization and projects.
M Tech – Structure with 8 to 12 years of experience
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.