Senior Systems Engineer
- Permanent /
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Overview of the Role
This role is key to the execution of technical projects and involves the management of interfaces between the engineering disciplines, maintaining design coherence, supporting design integration, managing requirements, exploring top-down concepts, liaising with stakeholders, and developing architecture. You will work as part of a small technical project management team to initiate, coordinate and oversee the project.
In the early stages, you will support optioneering, architect the design concept, refine the basis of design, identify, elicit, and allocate requirements, and refine the operations concept.
Main Duties/ Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Project Lead Engineer, Systems and Integration; you will be involved with the following project related tasks:
- Create or coordinate the creation of artefacts such as the operations concept, functional and system architectures, requirement and compliance statements, verification and validation planning, optioneering assessments, design risk assessments (safety and CDM).
- Support integrated technical management (technical and project risks and issues, technical assumptions, design configuration, breakdown structure development).
- Respond to technical queries as required.
- Liaise with all disciplines to ensure coordination of the design.
- Apply systems engineering best practices and approaches to grow the systems engineering capability within the engineering team.
- Develop and propose a MBSE approach.
- Report to Project Lead Engineer (Systems and Integration) with deliverable progress updates and resource level recommendations.
Attributes/ Experience Required
- Demonstrable success in a similar technical/ engineering role. Ideally in nuclear, although other power, industrial or commercial backgrounds considered.
- Whole life-cycle experience is essential.
- Extensive subject specific knowledge of power plant design, UK codes, standards, regulations and operational requirements.
- Working experience of Health and Safety, Quality Assurance standards, CDM regulations and NBS
- Have systems engineering experience through the full project life cycle from initial proposal through requirements development, design, testing, qualification, certification and production release phases.
- Proven ability to coordinate a highly skilled technical workforce to produce products that meet quality, safety, and performance requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Ability to work with a multi-national team and to attain and maintain the respect and confidence of all stakeholders.
Attributes/ Experience Desired:
- Systems engineering certification and/or formal training
- Experience working in the nuclear industry
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.