Senior Stress Engineer
- Permanent /
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Provide integrity substantiation using Finite Element method and/or Code assessment
- Assist in calculation reviews
- Modelling experience
- Adhere to Assystem quality system
- Work to man-hour budgets for assigned tasks
- If required, assist in proposal writing and other related bidding activities
Successful candidates will be expected to assist in achieving business targets by ensuring his/her analysis work meets the defined quality, time and cost requirements.
Nuclear industry experience (defence) preferable but not essential if transferrable skills from other discipline can be demonstrated e.g. fatigue, fracture, thermal and structural stress assessments using finite element analysis.
Potential travel to clients site for meetings. Work to be conducted within AEIL offices (Sunderland or Derby)
Working knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Finite Element analysis in ABAQUS (explicit or implicit)
- ABAQUS/CAE or equivalent pre/post (desirable)
- Code assessment to ASME B&PCV and R6 (fracture assessments).
- RCC-M desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of structural integrity and defect tolerance assessments
- Scripting using python is desirable, especially if within the ABAQUS environment (ie viewer)
- CRACKEN (RR specific) experience is desirable but not essential or R-CODE/Crackwise suitable alternatives
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree or equivalent qualification and experience in an engineering discipline
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering
• Effective communication and commercial awareness
• Self motivated
• Able to work alone or as part of a team
Candidates should have a proven track record in producing design substantiation analysis and stress assessments.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.