Senior Project Manager
- Permanent / Project Management
- Nr Glasgow
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Senior Project Manager is a key role and will be responsible for delivering assigned packages of work using the NEC4 form of contract as directed by the Portfolio Manager. The packages of work vary in complexity and may include civils, structural, M&E or marine engineering.
This is an exciting time to join the Programme Delivery Team, the delivery environment is both challenging and rewarding. As the Senior Project Manager, you will be supported by an engineering and project controls team who have the same focus as you. We want Senior Project Managers who are:
- Able to provide safety, project and commercial leadership to their assigned project managers and wider team members.
- Able to lead and motivate a diverse team to deliver benefits to the client
- Equipped with strong communication skills to enable engagement with a wide range of Stakeholders.
- Comfortable negotiating a way through conflict.
- The Senior Project Manager is accountable for overall performance of assigned work packages, including:
- Delivery of assigned packages of work as per the NEC4 contract conditions.
- Cost and schedule performance of assigned work packages.
- Risk management.
- Management of assigned project managers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Available to work in Glasgow office or client site 3 days a week
- Engineering design and construction experience.
- NEC4 ECC Experience (5 years)
- NEC4 PSC Experience (5 years)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a project as a Senior Project Manager in a highly regulated industry.
- Full lifecycle experience from business case approval, design, execution, handover.
- Experience of change control.
- Experience of risk management.
- HND in a related engineering/construction/project management discipline.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- NEC4 ECC Accredited Project Manager.
- Association for Project Management Registered Project Professional.
- Degree in a related engineering/construction/project management discipline.
- Chartership from a related discipline.
- CEMAR experience.
It is a prerequisite of this role that you will hold a sole British Passport and are able to achieve Security Clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.