Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As Assystem’s Defence business grows, we are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer
The post will be based from any local Assystem offices, but will require travel to clients site in Scotland
Job title: Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Flexible working from one of our local Assystem offices – Regular client site visits based in Scotland.
Hours: 37 hours
Sector: Nuclear and Defence
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technical excellence in the specification, production and assessment of design packages for infrastructure.
- Specification of reliability and operational constraints for infrastructure.
- Assessment of work control procedures for maintenance of infrastructure.
- Assessment of infrastructure design, material state, qualification and ageing mechanisms to permit the continued operation of facilities and utilities.
- Discharge and display a robust safety and security culture.
- Ensure outputs of safety related contracts meet the contract requirements and appropriate safety requirements by acting as an intelligent customer.
- Broad experience in mechanical engineering, preferably with experience of some of the following Mechanical systems; Pump systems, cranes, heating ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC), pressure systems and Diesel Generators.
- Experience of working within the nuclear industry or any other high hazard industry, although this is not considered essential.
- Ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective solutions for design changes / modifications of plant and supporting Infrastructure.
- A good understanding of British and international design standards.
- A track record of making intelligent evidence based decisions using various sources of data.
- Good skills in verbal and written communication.
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritise your own workload.
- HNC or equivalent qualifications and experience in a relevant engineering discipline
- Detailed knowledge of the Design Intent for Mechanical Infrastructure in the nuclear industry or similar industry.
- Incorporated Engineer status or equivalent experience and standing
- Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience in a relevant engineering discipline
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Pavement Design Engineer
Process Design Engineer