Senior/Principal Engineer (Naval Maintenance)
- Permanent /
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Senior/Principal Engineer will be responsible for delivering a range of complex technical projects in the highly regulated nuclear maritime sector. Under the instruction of the Technical Director and Project Manager, the Senior/Principle Engineer shall conduct complex technical investigations. The Senior/Principle Engineer shall be capable of leading small multidiscipline teams to solve novel technical problems and working with minimal supervision. The successful candidate(s) will be strategically minded, and maintaining good quality assurance and relationships.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Naval maintenance and through life operation experience in the submarine or surface fleet domain
- Experience in organising and reviewing naval maintenance plans
- Experience of naval maintenance package compilation/design and periodic maintenance planning
- Educated to BEng degree level, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years engineering experience in a highly regulated area delivering engineering solutions
Experience of liaising with customers, including progress reporting.
- Nuclear industry experience
- A-Class submarine maintenance and through life operation experience
- Knowledge of submarine safety cases and safety analysis techniques, including risk assessment and hazard management.
- Experienced in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of requirements led design and the development of requirements
- Ability to define budgets/work programmes for complete project lifecycles e.g. requirements capture, concept design, detailed design, manufacture, site installation, maintenance, disposal
- Professionally Registered Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the UK Engineering Council
- Experience of the Maritime Collaborative Working Environment would be advantageous
- Experience of the Royal Navy Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) would be advantageous
- Experience of site surveys would be advantageous
- Experience of Primavera P6 would be advantageous.
Person specification & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Provides feedback of technical development and project delivery to the Principal Engineer and Project Manager
- Team player with leadership ability. Lead on assigned tasks and allowing others to lead as appropriate
- Capable of collaborative working with minimal supervision
- Focus on delivering quality on time and to budget
- Act with integrity and instils this in others
- Has an appreciation of wider technical issues beyond own discipline
- Sole UK National and Security Cleared
- Ability to travel within UK. Role may require offsite working at client sites.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.