Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent or contract
As part of a growing account, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are looking to increase the size of their Derby site to respond to an increase in workload and are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for performing full lifecycle engineering activities across a range of engineering projects which will form part of the submarine’s new build and development programmes.
- Design systems and components that meet customer requirements
- Produce outline designs
- Identify, formulate, and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability, and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements customer requirements
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Management of Risk and Opportunity
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in similar roles with specific emphasis (but not limited to) Valves, Pressure Vessel, Structural, Tooling or Lifting Equipment Design.
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- Understanding of relevant design codes and safety legislation
- Ability to define budgets/work programmes for complete design project lifecycles e.g., requirements capture, concept design and detailed design.
- knowledge of materials
- Familiarity with 3D CAD systems (Siemens NX or similar)
- Familiarity with PLM systems (Teamcentre or similar)
- knowledge of engineering analysis tools (MathCAD, ANSYS, ABAQUS or similar)
- Experience in supporting team members
- BEng or similar professional qualification in a engineering related field
- SC Clearance or capable of achieving it
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Leadership skills
- Focus on delivering quality output to time and budget
- Act with integrity and instils this in others
- Has an appreciation of wider technical issues beyond own discipline
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence, using their own initiative and self-motivation
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you