Senior Electrical Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
Overview of the role
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer, with the emphasis on electrical distribution systems, to support the growth in its EC&I business.
As a Senior EC&I Engineer you will be directly involved in our most exciting projects, where you will provide technical support to the EC&I technical discipline across a wide range of our client portfolio projects. Assystem operates in Nuclear Decommissioning, Defence, New Build, and Infrastructure. Customers include Sellafield, Rolls-Royce, EDF, BAE, F4E, Hinkley Point.
- Technically responsible for EC&I engineering output delivering technical solutions which satisfy the clients requirements.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of relevant standards, regulations, codes and directives that apply to their work.
- Shall work autonomously on a limited range of clearly defined engineering subjects requiring guidance in specialist areas from others.
- Aware of Health and Safety requirements associated with engineering solutions and Projects.
- Aware of existing technologies within the EC&I discipline.
- Support technical solutions at design reviews.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work in the delivery of engineering activities.
- Shall be aware of Environmental impact throughout the Design process.
- Supervise Junior Engineers, Graduates or Draughtsmen in the execution of low complexity work packages.
- Able to recognise the limits of technical understanding of self and junior team and seek direction when required.
- Successful and consistent planning and delivery of work packages within defined scopes.
- Support technical design proposals as part of the Tendering Process.
- Have a commercial and project awareness, being able to accurately estimate time to complete tasks.
- Understanding of impact of scope changes and implement change control.
- Shall be able to implement the Company’s security procedures with minimal supervision.
- Should have working knowledge and implement Quality Management Systems appreciating the engineering operations required for quality controls and procedures.
- Understanding of identify, assess and mitigate design risks throughout the design/product life cycle.
- Awareness of implications of Engineering Design Risks to installation, commissioning.
Extensive experience of HV, MV and LV distribution systems
Experience with HV Substation build and/or refurbishment
- Experience supporting more junior staff members
- A knowledge of the engineering fundamentals for Electrical, Control and Instrumentation, Safety systems, with general experience across EC&I discipline.
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management.
- Understanding of BS7671 and low voltage directive.
- Sound knowledge of CAE tools used in the EC&I Design process.
- A knowledge in a wide range of computer packages to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Database, Outlook and Project.
- Completion of a relevant and recognised Industry apprenticeship or Graduate Trainee scheme.
- Experienced with undertaking and being responsible for delivering optioneering studies through to detail design packages for clients within highly regulated industries.
A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (generally Electrical, Instrumentation or Control Engineering) or HNC / HND with substantial relevant professional experience.
Professional Registration and Institute Membership required
Should be a member of a relevant professional institution (typically IET) or in the process of applying for membership.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.