Senior Electrical Engineer
- Fixed-Term Contract / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is an International Engineering Consultancy with significant growth plans within our Energy and Infrastructure business here in the UK. Our Defence Infrastructure business are strategic partners to the MOD delivering significant infrastructure programmes across several defence critical sites, including some of Europe’s largest marine bases.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Vacancy Type: Contract (End April 2024)
The primary purpose of the role is to ultimately assist and support the Design Manager and the Lead Electrical Engineers in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
- To assist the Electrical Services Engineering Lead in delivery of the electrical services related engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the electrical services engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Electrical Services Engineering Lead.
- Within SQEP profile, supervising, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company’s licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
- Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
- To manage design work packages as Engineer, responsible as appointed by Manager. Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to the junior staff.
- Make effective use of Learn from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
- Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all Facilities
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Design of high voltage AC and DC distribution systems
- Design of electrical building services, to include fire detection and alarm systems, industrial lighting and emergency lighting, site broadcast (PA) and HVAC;
- Design low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of communications and data systems;
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
- Be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required for the technical delivery of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design or undertake detailed design activities to suit the design delivery strategy.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of complex regulated facilities
The candidate will have a degree or equivalent in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering related discipline.
Preferably Chartered Engineer status or actively working towards it and member or associate member of relevant institute. Alternatively have significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.