Senior EC&I Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Senior EC&I Engineer
Permanent / Contract (Inside IR35)
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer to work on numerous projects and support growth in EC&I business.
As a Senior Engineer you will be directly involved in our most exciting projects, where they will provide design support and leadership for EC&I across a range of our client portfolio projects and framework agreements. Assystem operates in Nuclear Decommissioning, Defence, New Build, and Infrastructure. Customers include Sellafield, Rolls-Royce, EDF, BAE, F4E, Hinkley Point.
- As a Senior designer you shall take technical responsibility for the EC&I design output of small teams delivering technical solutions.
- Able to demonstrate significant in-depth knowledge of effectively using the appropriate design tools within the EC&I discipline.
- Have a good awareness of existing EC&I designs and technologies that offer solutions and a good understanding of relevant standards, regulations, codes and their application.
- Be able to work independently using your own initiative to develop complete design solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Able to identify and manage risk associated with their work.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Health and Safety and Environmental requirements associated within their work.
- Experienced in development of technical solutions that are suitably optimised for manufacture / installation.
- Preparing and presenting their technical designs to others.
- Should be experienced in instrumentation design, power distribution, panel/motor sizing, layouts and supporting calculations, safety systems and understanding of HAZOP and engineering substantiation production and self-checking of design basis documents, input to P&ID’s, preparation of SIDDs etc.
- Be able to check and approve others work.
- Support and encourage individuals to develop their knowledge and competence.
- Encourages others to adherence to established design processes and procedures.
- Allocation of work deliverables and provide supervision for completion of the work deliverables.
- Work under pressure and maintain a professional manner when dealing with teams.
- Recognise individual’s design strengths/weaknesses and support and promote them within the design team.
- Able to demonstrate a good commercial and project awareness.
- Prepare and check estimates for tendering process.
- Review and control the team members work performance against a budget.
- Work within a defined budget and able to identify and control change management of the EC&I aspects of work deliverables.
- Able to clearly communicate in written and verbal form to the client and other disciplines.
- Have a detailed knowledge Quality Management Systems for design.
- Shall be able to implement the appropriate security procedures.
- Chartered Engineer with a MEng / BEng in a C,E&I engineering subject or HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering with substantial experience
- Significant experience of leading a team of C,E&I engineers and designers undertaking a wide range of C,E&I design packages.
- Evidence of delivering fit for purpose engineering design across the full design cycle.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to apply ‘Fit for Purpose Mind-set’ and ‘Engineering Judgement’ where appropriate.
- Good working knowledge of CDM regulations as applicable to the Designer role
- Sound working knowledge of relevant, national and international codes, specifications, standards and legislation relevant to CE&I engineering.
- In depth experience in the design of process instrumentation, control systems, electrical power and lighting.
- In depth experience of producing CE&I installation design packages including OIMSs, CDM Risk Assessments and installation drawings: BCDs, schematics, hook-ups and layouts / GAs.
- Experience of producing instrument datasheets.
- Experience in undertaking cable and lighting calculations.
- Evidence of effectively working with the supply chain in delivering engineering designs.
- Working knowledge of the design process for all stages of design (concept, preliminary, detailed through to manufacture and construction).
- Leadership / management skills applicable to leading an in house team of design engineers and designers.
- Experience of managing design packages being undertaken externally in the Supply Chain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office
Familiarity with AutoCAD Cimage, icePAC, CAESAR, AVEVA, CONCISE.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.