Senior EC&I Engineer
- Infrastructure / Building
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
A Senior/Principal Engineer is required to deliver the detail CE&I Design for the SNM North Transfers Project. The engineer will be required to lead a team of CE&I engineers and designers in the delivery of detailed design packages and to provide execution support during construction and commissioning stages.
- As a Senior designer you shall take technical responsibility for the EC&I design output of small teams delivering technical solutions.
- Able to demonstrate significant in-depth knowledge of effectively using the appropriate design tools within the EC&I discipline.
- Have a good awareness of existing EC&I designs and technologies that offer solutions and a good understanding of relevant standards, regulations, codes and their application.
- Be able to work independently using your own initiative to develop complete design solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Able to identify and manage risk associated with their work.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Health and Safety and Environmental requirements associated within their work.
- Experienced in development of technical solutions that are suitably optimised for manufacture / installation.
- Preparing and presenting their technical designs to others.
- Should be experienced in instrumentation design, power distribution, panel/motor sizing, layouts and supporting calculations, safety systems and understanding of HAZOP and engineering substantiation production and self-checking of design basis documents, input to P&ID’s, preparation of SIDDs etc.
- Be able to check and approve others work.
- Support and encourage individuals to develop their knowledge and competence.
- Encourages others to adherence to established design processes and procedures.
- Allocation of work deliverables and provide supervision for completion of the work deliverables.
- Work under pressure and maintain a professional manner when dealing with teams.
- Recognise individual’s design strengths/weaknesses and support and promote them within the design team.
- Able to demonstrate a good commercial and project awareness.
- Prepare and check estimates for tendering process.
- Review and control the team members work performance against a budget.
- Work within a defined budget and able to identify and control change management of the EC&I aspects of work deliverables.
- Able to clearly communicate in written and verbal form to the client and other disciplines.
- Have a detailed knowledge Quality Management Systems for design.
- Shall be able to implement the appropriate security procedures.
As the project requires the development of new retrievals systems and construction of a new export facility, a broad experience of the CE&I discipline areas of expertise is required, including:
• Management of design delivery teams
• CE&I Safety Systems e.g. ES_1_2190 and BS EN 13849
• Estimate & schedule production and progress reporting.
• Electrical Services
• Pre-Enabling works
• Physical Security
• Programmable Electronic Systems
• Fire Alarms and Lighting
• Lightning Protection/Earthing
• Safeguarding & Material Accountancy
• Radiometric Environmental Monitoring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
- Developing and designing Drawings and designs.
- Must have good knowledge of process instrumentation.
- Must have excellent knowledge of electrical design processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Experience with our customers design procedures – Sellafield, Rolls-Royce, EDF, BAE, F4E, Hinkley Point
- Experience in the design of functional safety systems is desirable.
- A minimum of HNC or evidence of substantial experience with a high emphasis on EC&I design engineering and demonstrate evidence of continual professional development.
- 2D CAD experience
AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL, 2D or 3D
AVEVA ELECTRICAL OR INSTRUMENTATION
3D CAD PACKAGE EXPERIENCE
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.