CRA is one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies. We have a long history of helping our clients in the UK nuclear and other high hazard industries manage risk and ensure the safety of their operations. As part of the Assystem Group we also have opportunities to support a wide variety of projects around the world.
CRA recognises that our staff are our greatest asset and we strive to develop each consultant technically and professionally by providing them with the opportunities and support they need to grow and realise their potential. For more junior staff, Initial Professional Development (IPD) focuses on attaining the competencies and the range of technical experience required to achieve Chartered status with their chosen professional institution through a combination of internal and external training and project experience. For our more experienced staff, our Continued Professional Development (CPD) programme provides support to allow maintenance of existing skills and expertise, while developing new ones in complimentary areas.
We aim to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment with a healthy work-life balance and recognise the benefits that this brings to our business, our clients and our people.
We are currently recruiting for Senior and Principal Safety Case Engineers with extensive experience in the Submarine service to join our Defence business. These roles are for clients around Plymouth and Derby areas, however experienced Safety Case engineers can be based elsewhere in the UK, if they are willing to travel to meet with clients.
The Defence business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy support, along with delivery of challenging EPC projects to clients in the UK across the defence industry.
The successful candidate will support the Defence Service Lead with the management, direction and coordination of Projects and interact with and provide leadership to project discipline leads. The Senior Engineer is also responsible for implementing safety case Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in project work.
Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Nuclear Safety Case support through the full life cycle requirements including:
In depth knowledge of the following
Hazard analysis and risk assessment to include HAZOP, SWIFT, checklists, FMEA, FTA, ETA safety techniques etc.
Assessing tolerability, ALARP and ALARA arguments in the safety environment.
Producing robust safety arguments and reports including substantiation of SFRs and contributing to design substantiation reports.
Sound understanding of the national/international safety related standards, procedures and processes, and the requirements of a modern standard safety case.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- RN or Ex-RN Cat A or Dual Cat B qualified
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining the naval reactor plant and associated primary and secondary systems in normal, fault and transient conditions.
- Self-starter with a professional leadership approach and a technical background
- Proven experience of delivering safety cases within a defence and /or other nuclear or regulated businesses
- Motivated individual with the ability to work to deadlines and communicate project progress
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate information
- Ability to interface and liaise with key client and internal stakeholders
- Committed to Continuous Professional Development
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong leadership skills
- Focus on delivering Quality on time and to budget
- Act with integrity and instils this in others
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering discipline with extensive safety case experience
- Chartered professional or similar demonstrable experience
- British National with eligibility to obtain and maintain full UK security clearance
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman