- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Contract / Permanent
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community – the largest nuclear design house in Europe – delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions.
This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK’s long term nuclear infrastructure. The nuclear industry is expected to need possibly 100,000 new employees over the next decade. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging its support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a Process Engineer to join the team in Warrington.
The process engineering work will be on the VESU (Ventilation Extract System Upgrade) project, to support the Apprise and Select design phase working under the Process lead for the project. During this phase it will also be identified whether there is the requirement for this resource to carry on into future phases of the work.
- Production of engineering reports
- Production of Process engineering flowsheets, calculations & deliverables
- Checking of Process engineering reports, deliverables and calculations
- Liaison with key stakeholders and other design disciplines.
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent engineering discipline) and chartered with IChemE/EC.
- Proactive and driven approach to work.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other team members
- Competent Report writing skills: clearly and concisely reporting findings.
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints.
- Experience of document checking essential, and preference for experience with checking and approval procedure
- Experience of nuclear industry design delivery
- Experience of delivery of chemical engineering deliverables on multidiscipline design projects
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.