Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer you’ll work with multi-discipline infrastructure system designs to provide an overall sustainment capability mainly for building systems.
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the mechanical engineering aspects of the Dock Bottom Village & Marshalling Area. Ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE and specified Nuclear Safety requirements. Supports delivery of mechanical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Management of the Mechanical engineering elements of the Dock Bottom Village & Marshalling Area packages, ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for mechanical engineering.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review of mechanical design of elements including but not limited to mechanical building services, dock flood, dewatering and drainage systems, submarine cradle, industrial lifts and HVAC systems.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review integration of mechanical with other design packages
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Experience of design and substantiation of mechanical building services, HVAC systems and industrial lifts;
- Preferable knowledge of relevant design and analysis codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions;
- Knowledge of fabrication, manufacture, testing, certification and installation techniques
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Preferred Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.