Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) are looking to recruit a Principal Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer to support and manage the significant growth in its EC&I business.
As a Principal Engineer you will be directly involved in our most exciting projects, where you will provide technical leadership and support to the EC&I technical discipline community across a wide range of our client portfolio projects and framework agreements. Assystem operates in Nuclear Decommissioning, Defence, New Build, and Infrastructure.
- Technically responsible for EC&I engineering output of EC&I teams delivering technical solutions for complex systems.
- Act as Lead Engineer on large and complex Projects assisting in the production of Project plans and other associated Project Management activities.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are appropriately prioritised and applied.
- Be aware of existing and emerging technologies including other major disciplines.
- Proven understanding of the responsibilities placed upon both the company and the individual, as regards application of BS7671, IEC 61508, Machinery Directive and CDM Regulations.
- Lead technical solutions at design reviews and facilitate at technical discussions and chair formal technical reviews.
- Prepare and present technical presentations to all levels within the Business.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work in the delivery of complex engineering activities.
- Shall guide/advise mitigation of Environmental impact throughout the Design process.
- Have a good understanding of delegation, motivation, effective communication at all levels, objective setting, dealing with other people and teamwork.
- Actively support staff and client with technical issues and customer Design reviews.
- Provide a good example of professional and logical approach to work to other and particularly Junior members of Staff.
- Monitor performance of team members providing individual feedback and encouragement to maximise performance.
- Selection of project team members to meet project requirements.
- Direct and supervise team members and technical teams.
- Monitor the performance of team members and resolving any issues identified.
- Actively seek guidance from other Engineers and specialists to improve understanding and achieve personal/technical goals.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of complex or large tenders, inputting to the risk control mechanisms.
- Responsible for the technical, financial and quality delivery of Projects assigned to other Engineers.
- Assist the Project Management team in managing Project costs and Schedule with minimal commercial and financial supervision.
- Can implement company security procedures autonomously.
- Shall be able to operate as a focal point for technical communications between Clients and Customers.
- Identify and review the applicable QMS procedures
- A demonstrable track record of delivery and expertise in the design of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation with general experience across the whole EC&I discipline. With specialist experience in at least two EC&I areas
- An in-depth understanding of how the EC&I aspects fit within a complex project environment, combined with an in-depth knowledge of particular areas within the discipline.
- Significant experience working on projects in all major phases of the life cycle.
- Experience of working closely with project management teams to provide technical input and expertise in a timely manner.
- An understanding of Control system design phases, the V cycle, design verification and validation, and version control.
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management.
Over 10 years of experience in a role having direct influence over engineering practice and outcomes including significant design experience.
- 10 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures that drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Lead teams to deliver technical solutions of a medium to high complexity.
- Experience working with safety cases in high hazard industries (preferably Nuclear).
- Experience in the design development and substantiation of Safety Instrumented System systems in accordance with recognised Functional Safety Standards
- Experience in compliance with ONR License Conditions
- Experience working within BIM enabled projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of front-end safety system design and specification including the appropriate legislation, standards and directives, and the management of appropriate activities such as FMECA, HAZOP, HAZID.
- Knowledge of electrical systems design, including calculations and EMC assessment.
- Experience of software/hardware/embedded programming for machinery and process plant control.
- Knowledge of a wide range of instrumentation design techniques.
- Experience with obsolescence management.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (generally Electrical, Instrumentation or Control Engineering) or HNC / HND with substantial relevant professional experience.
- Shall demonstrate evidence of continual professional development (CPD) Should hold membership within Institute of Electrical Engineers (IET) with ability to progress and plan to lead to Chartered Status.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (generally Electrical, Instrumentation or Control Engineering at Honours level or higher.
- Chartered Engineer
- Able to Achieve SC clearance.
- Able to spend short periods of time on customer and supplier sites at various locations.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman