Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for multiple Mechanical Engineer to work on site in Warrington on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The role will be to design access platforms for mechanical equipment as well structural supports for pipework and cabling.
Role title – Mechanical Engineer
Contract duration – 12 months
Contract type – PAYE via Umbrella – INSIDE IR35
Hours – 38 hours, Split between on site in Warrington and hybrid working
Location – Birchwood Park Warrington
- Undertake design hand calculations in accordance with design codes, inclusive of evaluating earthquake loads.
- Generate, evaluate, and select the most appropriate design based on cost whilst ensuring that they’re appropriate for use and complaint with any space constraints, customer, and UK regulatory specifications.
- Work with the Computer Aided Design (CAD) team to produce equipment fabrication drawings.
- Produce equipment specifications.
- Present designs at internal Technical Reviews.
- Work with fabricators to realise the designs.
- Using and understanding of the requirements of Eurocode 3.
- Knowledge of the design code RCC-M or other permissible stress based design codes for structural supports to piping.
- Design of access platforms / skids for Mechanical Equipment.
- Working knowledge and use of Ansys FEA (APDL or Workbench).
- Working knowledge of Mathcad.
- Good working knowledge of tolerances.
- Preferably experienced with the application of CE (and/or UKCA) marking equipment.
- Able to plan their work effectively.
- Able to work closely and communicate effectively with project team members.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior
Highway Design Engineer
Highway Design Engineer