Permanent / Contract
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation and provides technical engineering support across the world, supporting complex Nuclear New Build, Decommissioning and Defence programmes.
It is a fantastic time to join the industry. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging it’s support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects.
We are currently looking for a number of Mechanical Designers in our West Lakes offices.
The role will be at the level of Designer and will work closely with the Lead and Responsible Engineers.
You will be involved in the following:
- Input to Optioneering, FEED studies and Basis of Design
- Production of pipework and equipment layouts/ Fabrication Isometrics and steel fabrications detail drawings using Auto Cad R17 / 18.
- Production of Detail Drawings of Machine components using Auto Cad. R17 / 18
- Production of design schedules for pipes, valves, and equipment.
- Production of CDM documentation i.e., Designer Risk Assessments, Installation Method Statements.
- Site surveys and production of survey reports
- Input to man-hour estimates and project programmes / progress reports.
- Supervise and review the work of less experienced Designers.
- Checking of Mechanical design deliverables.
- Compilation of technical files for Pressure Equipment and Machinery directives.
- Conversant with draughting procedures. relevant drawing and document standards such as BS8888.
- Design of pipework and pipe supports in accordance with both SL and international piping specifications, standards, and procedures. (e.g., ASME B31.3)
- Trained in Checking and Approval procedures.
- Client IT systems (MS Office, Cimage etc)
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Process Design Engineer