Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is an International Engineering Consultancy with significant growth plans within our Energy & Infrastructure business here in the UK.
We are seeking a skilled Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in the nuclear industry. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to the production team, designing and developing production processes, and implementing process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the manufacturing operation.
Develop and improve manufacturing processes by analysing current processes and designing new processes to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
Collaborate with the production team to implement new processes and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Provide technical support to the production team in the event of production issues.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures to ensure the quality of the finished product meets industry standards and customer requirements.
- Design and develop new tools and equipment to improve the manufacturing process.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost analyses to determine the viability of new manufacturing processes.
- Monitor and analyse production data to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to enhance productivity.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards, including nuclear safety regulations.
- Degree or similar in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role within the nuclear industry.
- Strong knowledge of nuclear safety regulations and standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design and develop new manufacturing processes and tools.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior
Highway Design Engineer